Ken Stimpson Community School
Teacher of Computer Science
Dates: Apply by noon on Monday 18 January 2021
Job start 1 September 2021
A relocation package may be available
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Contract type: Full-time
Contract term: Permanent
Do you have:
- a passion for Computer Science?
- the ability to inspire students?
- the motivation to make a real difference in a forward-thinking faculty?
- excellent people skills?
- a willingness to work hard to maintain strong outcomes?
- a willingness to work with others and share good practice?
If so, Ken Stimpson Community School is the place for you!
Governors are seeking applications for a dynamic Teacher of Computer Science at Ken Stimpson Community School to join the Technology faculty with a proven track record for strong results. This is an ideal opportunity for either an experienced practitioner or a new starter to the profession.
Computer Science currently sits within the Computing & Technology faculty made up of Design Technology, Construction, Computer Science, ICT and Food Technology. There is a strong and highly competent structure in place, led by a Head of Faculty and supported by a Leadership Team member, offering first rate line management of the faculty. The faculty comprises of 1 Construction teacher, 4 Computer Science teachers, 2 faculty Technicians and 1 Teacher of Food Technology.
This exciting and challenging post requires an enthusiastic, hardworking, conscientious and energetic individual. You need to have extremely high expectations and will be teaching Computer Science at Key Stages 3, 4 and 5, ensuring children achieve to the best of their ability, regardless of their background. The successful applicant will also fulfil the role of a form tutor within the pastoral structure of the school and participate in the delivery of our PSHE curriculum. Either a proven track record of achieving successful outcomes or a testimony towards making a significant impact in your time within the profession are key ingredients that we are looking for to enhance our team even further.
The faculty is supported by a team of high-quality IT technicians and Technical Services Manager. They ensure any ICT issues are resolved quickly and take a pro-active approach to managing the school network. All Computer Science teachers are provided with modern ICT suites, access to a remote desktop, specialised software and modern projectors. The faculty is well-equipped and adaptable resources are available for Key Stage 3 – 5.
We can offer:
- excellent CPD and new staff support
- an increasingly popular, vibrant and expanding school which cares deeply for its students
- collaborative staff who are committed to raising standards
- a Principal and Senior Team that are keen to drive the school forward and are open to innovation and creative thinking
- first rate line management of Computing & Technology
- superb opportunities for career development and promotion
We were inspected by Ofsted in April 2016 and rated a Good school. “There has been rapid improvement in the progress being made by pupils in a wide range of subjects” and “Pupils’ behaviour around the school is impressive. They mix well and move around the school in an orderly and calm manner.” Please see our website, www.kscs.org.uk, to access the full report.
Ken Stimpson Community School is committed to equality of opportunity and safeguarding the welfare of children. Applicants will be subject to full employment checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure.
- For application details and an application form, please visit the ‘Current Vacancies’ page at www.kscs.org.uk/vacancies
- If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, or arrange a school visit, please contact Paul Swift (Assistant Principal) by email at p.swift [at] kscs.org.uk
- Please return completed applications to Bryan Erwin (Principal) at b.erwin [at] kscs.org.uk by noon on Monday 18 January 2021
- Interview dates: Thursday 21 January 2021