Remote Learning Expectations and Standards
We expect you to:
Check Teams daily for work and instructions
- Check your school email account for additional information
- Complete work in the format requested
- Maintain the same standards and care over your work as you would inside of school
- Meet assignment deadlines, set through Teams, unless alternative arrangements are made with your teachers
- Will be given instructions to upload your work to your teacher via Teams - this can be achieved by taking a photo/scan of your exercise book pages/project work if required
If you don’t have IT access during this time you should contact your Head of Year who will be able to assist
- Your work will be set via Teams. The majority of the work will be set as near to the start of your period of isolation as possible. Please use your normal school timetable to divide the work up each day. We suggest you allow 45mins/1 hr to complete a normal lessons worth of work which will be set as a continuation of learning.
- A copy of your daily timetable can be found in your Outlook/Teams calendar, you will be expected to complete the same number of lessons per day as if you were in school
- A member of staff will make regular contact during this period of remote learning to offer pastoral support.
You can contact us via the main school number or your tutor via email if required
- Completed work should be uploaded throughout the week following the deadlines set by your teachers.
- If work is handwritten you can photograph/scan it before uploading to your assignments in Teams. Work completed on a PC can be attached directly.
- All work will be acknowledged and provided with feedback inline with normal faculty policies.
Regular updates will be provided via email and social media please make sure you follow these.
The majority of your lessons will be supported via Teams which you can access by going to https://teams.microsoft.com
You should use your usual school username and password to log into Teams when outside of school.
Rules for Video Meetings
You should ensure you are dressed appropriately for all live video meetings. Present yourself as you would inside of school (school uniform is not required). Make sure you are in a quiet space and have the resources you need for learning within reach.
Videos may be recorded for safeguarding reasons
If you require any further guidance please do email our itservicedesk [at] kscs.org.uk (IT Service desk)
You can download our student guide to Teams here
Video - Accessing Microsoft Teams
Video - A tour of Teams for Students
Video - Accessing Your Lessons
Video - A Students Guide to Uploading Work
Video - Using the Immersive Reader in Teams
We will sometimes give additional school information out via email. It is important that you regularly check your email account. You can access this by going to https://outlook.office.com
You should use your usual school username and password to log into Outlook when outside of school.
You can find our guides to installing Outlook on your mobile/tablet device here: https://itservicedesk.kscs.org.uk/support/solutions/43000366204
You can access our Office 365 applications (word, excel etc) in several ways:
Via remote access
You can access this here where you will be prompted for your school username and password to log in. This will give you access to a school computer which you can use just as you would inside of school.
Using 365 in the cloud
You can access this by visiting www.office.com. Log in using your school username and password and then select the application you would like to use
By downloading the applications to your device
As part of our Office 365 membership you have access to download many of the Office 365 applications for free using your school account. You can do this by access www.office.com as above and then clicking on the install button in the top right hand corner.
Need to know how to do something to access or complete your work? Let us know and we'll point you in the right direction - Staff and Students can use the IT Service desk to log any problems and we will get back to you as soon as we can. Parents can contact us by emailing ParentITHelpdesk [at] kscs.org.uk
You can view the status of our IT systems by visiting: http://itstatus.kscs.org.uk/
You will need:
- Your remote learning exercise book
- A black pen
- A pencil
- A ruler
You may need:
- A calculator
- A protractor
- A compass
- Coloured pens/pencils
Free School Meals
Provision will be made for free school meals. You will be contacted directly regarding this if applicable.
At KSCS we know this is a really difficult time and students may feel they need to talk to someone about their wellbeing. Please contact us by email on Needtotalk [at] kscs.org.uk with a brief outline of how we can help (please make sure your parents/carers are aware) and someone will be in touch. Also please check out specialist support services available to all students on our website here
Our Wellbeing page has lots of useful tips and links
Your tutor is available via email should you wish to discuss any aspect of home learning.
Your class teachers are available to discuss any problems you may be having with the tasks set.
It's important to stay physically active during lockdown time. Our PE Faculty will share ideas and challenges via Connect and our Social Media channels.
Our Careers page also contains lots of useful links and resources
Our Year 11 Facebook page gives specific information, challenges and activities for our Year 11 students
Ensure you read regularly
Keep a regular routine - bedtime, morning, meals etc
Talk to your parent/teachers about any concerns and do seek help if you require it.
Don’t put too much pressure on yourself, working from home is very different from working inside school with the specialist support we are equipped to provide.