This qualification allows students to develop knowledge and understanding by applying their learning and skills in a work-related context, engaging students in taking responsibility for their own learning, and develop essential work related skills, such as working to deadlines and presenting information effectively.
- Is a Level 2 qualification; however it is graded at Unclassified, Level 1 Pass, Level 1 Distinction, Level 2 Pass, Level 2 Merit, Level 2 Distinction, Level 2 Distinction*
- Has 3 units (components)
- Has an external assessment up to 40% of the qualification. Edexcel sets and marks this assessment
- Presents knowledge in a work–related context
- Gives students the opportunity to develop and apply skills in English and Mathematics in naturally occurring, work-related contexts
Students complete two internally assessed units and then a third externally assessed unit to make up the full award:
- Unit 1 - Human Lifespan Development
- Unit 2 - Health and Social Care Services and Values
- Unit 3 - Health and Well-being
Progression to Post 16
Having successfully completed the BTEC level 1 or 2 course students could then progress to BTEC Level 3 courses in Post 16.